The Friends of Schumacher Farm invite you to step back in time to Schumacher Farm Park. Schumacher Farm Park is a 40-acre farmstead with a 10-acre prairie restoration. We have a two part mission:
- To preserve old-time rural lifeways of Dane County through education and preservation.
- To maintain a conservancy for nature study and recreational activities.
Click for YouTube Video of Farm History.
To accomplish our mission, we offer fun and educational public events such as Heritage Fest, Father's Day Ice Cream Social, prairie walks and old-fashioned hymn sings. Check our calendar of events for updates throughout the year. Contact us for more information.
The park maintains a large collection of antique farm equipment and artifacts related to 1920s and 1930s. The public may see and use many of these items at Heritage Fest and other public events.
Nature and Recreation
Trails and grounds are open year round during daylight hours. We have:
- 10 acres of restored prairie including a remnant of native prairie.
- 1.5 mile of trails (easy to moderate difficulty) for hiking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
We do not groom our trails in winter.
- Picnic tables and shady spacious grounds with sandbox.
- Dog walking (Leash-on, Dane County Parks permit required) and dog clean-up bags.
- Nature Study.